01/03/2009

The patter of tiny feet!

I've wanted to make a card from scartch JUST using a standard cartridge for ages just to see how it turned out really- and this was the end result. I'm chuffed with it! It turned out better than I hoped!
I cut out the base card with the little feet on it & then cut out a pair of feet to embellish it with. It was trial and error getting the feet to match the ones on the card but I got there eventually! The card has a lovely scalloped edging on it. I added a 3cm strip on patterned paper to this edge and then trimmed away the excess paper. I punched a hole in each scallop. I cut a frame to go around the aperture and backed the aperture with the same patterned paper. I ran the feet through a Xyron X & covered them in Glamour Dust to make them sparkle. I cut out the sentiment- He's/she's here! and added it along with a bow layered up with a flower. Three little star gems from Papermania finished it off! This card could be used for a birth announcement or just as a general new baby card. The measurements for the card are: Card 7" , feet 3 3/4"
Carts used:
Card base: New Arrival (card2)
feet- New Arrival
sentiment- All mixed up (shadow on)
Frame around aperture- George & Basic Shapes with silhouette on
Thanks for looking!
Heather

No comments: