20/10/2008

Wild Card celebration!


Yeeeeaah! At last! I've got it! The new Wild Card cart. Wow! The cards you can make with this are fantastic (with matching envies too!) I made this card for my nephew Dan who has a birthday on Thursday. The champagne bottle wraps around the front of the card (it's technically a tri-fold card) and it comes complete with a cork!!!
I cut the card out at 8" and then drew around the bottle onto a piece of green card and cut it out. The gold label and neck wrapper were cut from the cart as was the Cheers sentiment. Inside I added a large Celebrate greeting. I had some cork patterned paper so I used that for the cork! Dan was cut using the alphabet section of the cart.
Carts used:
Card,sentiments and cork- Wild Card
Tag(around bottle neck)- George & Basic Shapes
The shadowing was cut by hand as there isn't a shadow function on this cart. Just a word of warning- I think that this cart is better suited to the Expression as some of the cards are cut really small and will not give a very substantial card and also you may not be able to cut out the corresponding envelope (there is a universal envelope cut provided for this circumstance). Just something to think about before splashing out £64.99!!!!
Anywho- Happy Crafting!!!
Heather
ps. I've also got the deep cut blade and housing- so far NOT IMPRESSED!! If anyone else has it and has had a problem getting it to cut- mine goes bonkers on 4!- please let me know where I'm going wrong! Thanks in advance! Heather

No comments: