24/12/2011

The Big Day.......

 ...No! Not Christmas Day, but a wedding day!  I made this card for my hubby to take to India last month. One of his friends' daughter got married and he asked me to make her a card. I didn't go for an 'indian wedding' look, as you can see, but decided on something pretty and delicate. I used a Z-fold A5 card base and punched the long edges with a MS heart punch. The papers are from the Fairytale 8x8 pack from Dovecraft. Although the mirri I used on this card looks gold it's actually silver. To decorate the panel on the front of the card I cut a fancy heart from pearlised pink card and backed it with a silver mirri blackout which I embossed after cutting. The hearts were adhered together with foam pads. I then cut a heart from white pearlised card, embossed with a heart folder after cutting, and shadowed with silver mirri. This heart was then adhered to the centre of the fancy heart with foam pads. Two pairs of  doves (one cut on 'flip') were cut from pearlised card, the wings removed from two doves, curled and then adhered to the other two doves to add dimension. I added a teeny gold pearl to each of the doves for eyes. The completed birds were adhered to the white heart. A sheer bow, pink WOC rose, pearl strand, gold heart-shaped pearl and the bride and groom's initials completes the front of the card.
 I computer generated a verse onto white cardstock, trimmed it to size, matted it onto silver mirri and adhered it inside the card......
...and to keep the card safe on it's journey to India I made a box from pearlised card, added an embossed, matted panel to the front with 'The Big Day' and a trio of punched hearts adhered to it.
Carts used:
Pink heart and blackout- Love Struck
White heart- George
Doves- Wedding Solutions
The Big Day- Phrases
'N' & 'P'- Calligraphy
I liked this card so much that I made another one for my stash!
I'd just like to wish you all a very merry Christmas, and a peaceful and prosperous 2012. Thanks to all of you who follow my little blog, and I'd like to extend a thankyou to all the lovely ladies who attend my workshops and Swarms who keep me on my toes!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!!!!!
Heather xxx

No comments: