05/03/2010

Relax.....


I bought some new Papermania papers at The Range on Monday-they are called Persimmon and they are perfect for men's cards. I love this chair cut and I thought that it would be ideal for a retirement card. I used papers in shades of blue (3 different designs) and prepped an easel card. I cut the chair from gold mirri and added seat & back cut from patterned paper. I mounted it onto a panel of paper matted onto gold mirri. I decorated the stop with a strip of co-ordinating ribbon and added 'Happy Retirement' and some blue metallic candy dots. I also cut 'Relax' from mirri and adhered it to the side of the main panel with foam pads. I believe that the secret to making men's cards is 'keep it simple'. Tomorrow I'll show you the ladies version.
Carts used:
Chair- Sentimentals
'Relax' & 'Happy Retirement'- Lyrical Letters (Jumbo font)
Thanks for looking!
Heatherxxx

No comments: