28/12/2009

Boxing Day Birthday Girl!


Pia is the eldest daughter of some very good friends of ours... she's 3 months younger than our No.1 son.. and was 19 on Boxing Day! I have a lot of free papers from mags especially Creative Cardmaking, from which this FAB image and papers came. I use the papers, usually, but not so the images, but I thought this one would be ideal for Pia as it's not too overtly Christmassy...just wintery! I made the card in an easel format and used 2 different paper designs. I adhered the image to thin card then cut it out. It was then mounted onto pink & gold card and adhered to the top portion of the card over a strip of ribbon. I cut a square of patterned paper for the 'stop' and adhered a handbag using foam pads. I cut PIA & Happy Birthday from hot pink glitter card and shadowed each with gold mirri card (the happy birthday shadow was hand cut as the sentiment was already cut in shadow mode) I finished the card with a bow and layered flower and added some glamour dust to the fur trim on the image.
Carts used:
PIA- Winter Woodland
Happy Birthday- Calligraphy Collection
I hope you all had a lovely time over Christmas and thanks for taking time to look in today!
Heather

No comments: