11/07/2009

No-Silver Anniversary

I think that sometimes we get into a rut when it comes to making cards for specific occasions and feel that we MUST use gold or silver or pink or blue for the cards to celebrate those occassions. Sometimes it's good to come out of your comfort zone and try something different. Who says that silver wedding anniverary cards MUST have silver on them? I chose to use these lovely Papermania papers for this card for No1 son's friends parents (got that?!!) I matted a piece of very pale pink patterned paper onto moss green card. I added two contrast panels, one adhered flat and the other raised. Before adding the second panel I adhered a piece of moss green ribbon across the card and added a bow and layered flower. I cut out '25' in patterned paper and then hand cut a shadow (there isn't a shadow function on the Lyrical Letters cart). I added a fancy scroll corner, a gold (yes,gold!) and pearl heart button (shank removed) to the top of the green panel and then finished off with pearls & Cosmic Shimmer glitter. I used rub-ons (Making Memories Heidi font) for the recipients names. The completed panel was adhered to the front of the card on foam tape.
Carts used:
'25'- Lyrical Letters (Jumbo font)
Fancy scroll corner- StoryBook
TTFN!
Heather

No comments: