30/08/2008

Relax!!!!




This is another card with a Pink Petticoat Lola Rose image. The image was mounted onto coloured cardstock adhered to another panel which was mounted onto cardstock and given a scalloped border with decorative scissors. This panel was adhered with foam pads to the front of a card covered with embossed paper. Ribbon,flowers gems and glitte complete the picture.

Recipe as follows:

Tent fold card

Embossed paper- Doodlebug

Patterned paper- K & Co

Coloured cardstock- Bazzill

Flowers- Prima and other

Brads- Papermania

Pearl gems- Papermania

Image- Lola Rose 'Namaste ' coloured with marvey le plume pens

Glitter- Glitz
Relax- Cricut Base Camp cut @ 1/2"
The 'Happy 40th Anniversary' was made for my next-door neighbour to give to her parents-in-law. You won't believe how many goes I had at making this card!! No matter how I tried I just couldn't seem to get it right. So I took some time out,picked up my youngest from a fishing trip to the beach at Titchfield Haven and on the way back it just came to me!! I don't know what triggered it but I decided that I would go monochrome. I got out may favourite embossed card stock and just added the relevant colour. Bingo!! It took all of 10 minutes!AAAAGH! My neighbour loved it- I hope you like it too!! BTW I have made a 25th & 50th too. I'll post them soon
Recipe as follows:
Tent fold 5 x 7 card
Background embossed as previous card
Contrast paper- red paper from The PaperMill Shop
Gems & large Crystal Brad- Papermania
Ribbon- from my stash
Flowers-from my stash
Scalloped Oval- Cricut Storybook
White oval cut with coluzzle template
The white panel that the '40' oval sits on was edged with a Fiskars border punch then matted onto red paper leaving a border top & bottom and was then trimmed around the shaped edge by hand.
For other Anniversaries just change the colour of the background paper.
Heather

No comments: