13/05/2012

Seren.......

....is what it should say on the front of this card! It was only after I had taken a photo of it, then checked the details that I realised I'd spelled the name wrong! Dufus!! So I had to redo the front! The card was a commission from my hubby's secretary Debbie. She ordered three A4 cards on the Friday and wanted them for the following Friday. No pressure then! I made all three cards on Sunday afternoon and my hubby took them into work on Monday. The only brief I had for this card was that the recipient was going to be 50 and liked horses. Looking through the obvious carts I couldn't find a horse that I liked until I looked in the Carousel Lite cart and found this lovely prancing horse. I cut it from white glittercard and backed the cutout areas with purple. I added some purple gems to the saddle and the tassels on the bridle. I covered the front of the card with purple paper and added a beautiful ornate panel cut from silver mirri card. The horse was adhered to the centre of the panel with foam pads. 'Seren' was cut from white glittercard and adhered to the card below the ornate panel. A sheer ribbon bow and single sheer ribbon bloom was adhered to the bottom of the card. A scalloped circle holding the '50' was adhered to the top of the card with foam pads. A smattering of bling completes the card.
Carts used:
Horse- Carousel Lite
Ornate panel/50/Seren- Ornamental Iron 2
Scalloped circle- Elegant Edges
Plain circle- George
Thanks for dropping by!
Heather xxx

No comments: