04/04/2011

Mother's Day wishes.....


I hope all you Mums out there had a great day yesterday. Both my boys were at home so mine was great! I wanted to share with you today the cards that I made for my lovely Mum (who I know drops into my blog every now & then-she's new to this computer lark but is doing great with it!) from the boys and me & my other half. Hubby's Mum lives in Oz so she'll get a card in May (Aussie Mother's Day) I used some fab new papers for both cards from First Edition Paper called 'Hideaway' (zingy citrus palette) and 'Spring Feast' (pastel pinks & greens) which I got from The Range.
Now I normally use paper/fabric flowers on my cards, but when I saw this cute bouquet I knew that I wouldn't need to use any on this card. I cut the bouquet from different colours of textured cardstock, layered 'em up, added some irridescent medium for some bling, and a narrow ribbon bow. I cut 2 scalloped oval panels, adding an embossed oval to one and a patterned paper oval to the other one. 'Nan' was cut from lemon glittercard and adhered to an orange shadow. The bouquet & 'Nan' were adhered to the panels with foam pads. 'Happy Mother's Day' was cut from more lemon glittercard, again shadowed with orange, the adhered with foam pads over a punched, ribbon trimmed border.

The other card is a tent fold landscape with the bottom 2 corners rounded off. I added a punched, ribbon trimmed border to conceal the join in the two papers. I cut a frame with circular aperture and a shadow, layered them up and added a piece of paper behind the aperture to hold the sentiment cut from white glittercard. 'Mum' was cut from the same paper used on the bottom of the card, shadowed with white textured card then adhered to the border with foam pads. I added a smattering of pearls to the larger flower centres, three pearls to the bottom right hand corner of the card and to the frame which was enhanced with a Prima bloom, WOC 10mm roses and a Bo Bunny ribbon bow.

The inside of the card was decorated with a simple punched border and Mother's Day sentiment.
Carts used:
NAN CARD-
Bouquet,scalloped/plain ovals-Formal Occasion
Nan-Life's a Party
Happy Mother's Day-Calligraphy Collection
MUM CARD-
Frame-Ashlyn's Alphabet
'Mum'-Beyond Birthdays
Simply the best sentiment-Wild Card
Happy Mother's Day-Calligraphy Collection
Thanks for looking!
Heather xxx

No comments: