17/04/2011

Birthday Bonanza Weekend!.....


It's been a Birthday Bonanza weekend these last two days! One of the BoysNextDoor's 9th yesterday and today it's one of the GirlzNextDoor's 12th and our nephew Skanda's 17th (he lives in Sydney)..Phew!!! That's a lot of cards!
For Skanda I chose a game controller, using an XBox controller as a guide for the button colours, which are Card Candi. I cut it from grey and white cardstock, layering the grey on top of the white with foam pads. I pushed the Card Candi through the holes and fixed them in place with foam pads. I added a little detail with a dressmaker's wheel. The papers are old ones from my stash. I cut the '17' from beige cardstock with a blue outline, and cut both sentiments from blue cardstock with beige shadows. A smattering of Card Candi completes the front of the card.

The inside of the card was decorated with a plain, matted panel, the name and a smaller controller.

Sophie's card is suitably girly with a scalloped card base and papers from Pink Petticoat (from the same freebie used in yesterday's card) I covered the front of the card with patterned paper and added a polka dot paper circle shadowed with pink. The outfit was cut from more PP papers and adhered over a punched, ribbon trimmed border with foam pads. I added a metal 'happy birthday' tag to the coat hanger with a teeny safety pin. 'Sophie' was cut from yellow glittercard shadowed with pink, then adhered with foam pads. A pink daisy completes the card.
Carts used:
SKANDA'S card:
Controller- Father's Day Seasonal Cartridge
Game On-Sports Mania
Happy Birthday-Stamping Solutions
'17'-Calligraphy
SOPHIE'S card:
Card base-Wild Card (Doily card)
Outfit-Paisley
'Sophie'-All Mixed Up
Phew! I'm off for a lie down!
Thanks for looking!
Heather xxx

No comments: