06/09/2009

Get Well


Sorry that I've not been around but it was my dear Dad's funeral on Thursday and I had to go up to the Midlands for a few days. As you can imagine it was a horrible time for all of us.We said that we would all get through it together, and we did. Our Mum was so brave and Dad would have been proud of her for arranging everything just as he had wished. Although we couldn't see it at the time, we were told that people were standing at the back of the chapel because there were so many people there! Work mates from the 80's, neighbours, and cousins not seen for ages
had all turned out to give Dad a good send off. Now it's all a bit anti-climatic and we have to move on but that's something that we'll all do together too. God Bless Dad- we'll never forget you.
Thanks for listening- now onto today's card. This card was going to be for something else, but a friend of my eldest broke her tibia & fibula in a trampolining accident last weekend so I changed the intended sentiment to 'Get Well' - sounds like an order doesn't it?! I borrowed the layout again but tweeked it a bit. I used paper from DCWV, I added faux stitching, a ribbon bow, layered flowers and a little bling. The sentiment was actually cut in one piece but I cut it into two separate words along with a hand cut shadow to balance out the white panel. I glittered the sentiment with Cosmic Shimmer Glitter. The inside sentiment was computer generated on Safmat from Letraset.
Cart used:
Get Well- Wild Card
Thanks for taking a look!
Heather

No comments: