28/08/2009

Gone fishin'?


I'm not altogether sure that I like this card! There's something not quite right with it! Oh well, I can live with it- for the time being! The colours are a bit whacky but I used the fishy paper as inspiration. I cuttlebugged the orange panel and matted it onto black. I then cut out a matted oval (cuttlebugged again!) to hold the boy icon. The letters for the sentiment on the front of the card were cut out individually,stuck close together onto black card,then cut out by hand as was the inside sentiment. I cut out 3 fish from mirri card in different sizes and joined them together at the mouth with a titchy brad. I added 2 silver & 1 black candy dot and some Opal Dust to finish. Am I right not to be too fond of this card-let me know!
Carts used:
Layered oval- George
Boy icon & fish- A Child's Year
Sentiments- Ashlyn's Alphabet
Thanks for looking!
Heather
p.s Just a little tip for you- If you want to Cuttlebug anything that's been cut on the Cricut., CUT IT FIRST then Cuttlebug it. If you don't the blade will rip rather than cut the embossed parts.

No comments: