29/03/2009

Just a note....


It was my Hubby's birthday on Friday and this is the card I made for him from me. I again used an assymetric card, this time cuttting the front much smaller than the back (about 5cms I think!) I covered the front with black paper & a smaller piece of glitter card from DCWV and the inside back was covered with a piece of vellum with musical notes all over it! Would you believe I've had this piece of vellum for yonks & have only just found a use for it & it went perfectly with this card!
I wanted a jazz musician for the front of the card so I downloaded an image from Google and reduced it on the photocopier. I then cut it out with a 1" margin all round. I added d/s tape to the white margin & stuck it to a piece of black card. I then cut out the image. I passed it through the Xyron & added black glitter to it (you can just see the sparkle in the photo) I stuck the glittered image onto a piece of silver mirri card and cut it into a rectangle. I added a contrast piece of patterned paper to the bottom of the mirri card piece and a strip of black ribbon with a music stave & notes on it. I added a treble clef wire embellishment to the ribbon. I then stuck the panel to the front of the card so that it overlapped onto the back. I added musical notes which were glittered with stickles and a sentiment panel adhered at an angle.
Hubby loved it!
Carts used:
Just a note:- Wild Card
Musical notes- Joys Of The Season (ten pipers piping)
The image was downloaded from Google images under 'jazz musician silhouettes'
Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

No comments: