08/03/2009

Born to dance


This card shows that Christmas carts can be used for other occasions too! Joys Of The Season has some great icons on it including this little dancer. I cut her from flesh coloured card and her dress from pink card. I cut the dress twice and layered it up. I added a pearl head-dress, pearl earring and pearls around her waist. I used a glue pen to draw swirls on the bodice and create ruffles on the dress and then threw glitter on it. I used paper from a K & Co 12 x 12 pad and added a punched paper border. I added a satin ribbon and a flower layered with a bow. I cut out a pair of ballet shoes from the paper and place them beneath the centre of the bow, and added 3 pearls to the ribbon. I cut out the words 'born to DANCE and adhered them to the right hand panel- DANCE is on foam pads and glittered. I think this card would be great for a little girl who loves ballet or for an older girl taking a dancing exam.
Carts used:
Dancer- Joys Of The Season
DANCE- StoryBook
born to- Calligraphy
Thanks for looking!
Heather

No comments: