18/01/2009

On the wings of love


I had the idea for this card in my head for ages and when I got hold of this free paper download from Funky Fairy I knew that it would be perfect for it! I cut out a scalloped rectangle and layered up the heart paper onto white card. This panel was layered onto the scalloped rectangle with large foam pads. I cut out the envelope and wings from white card and then ran them through the Xyron and applied Glamour Dust glitter. The backing for the envelope is pearlised card with a dotty pattern on it which doesn't show up on the photo. I added a small heart punched from red glitter paper to the envelope. The sentiment is a negative cut ( I wanted to try something different!). To do this, put a long strip of card onto your mat and spell each word out leaving a good gap between each one to allow for trimming e.g on the wings of , then remove the strip from the mat, discard the letters and then trim each word. I used a larger word and different font for 'LOVE'
Then all you do is layer up the pieces onto coloured card, in this case black (red for the LOVE panel) so that the colour shows through. It's just a different way of utilising the cuts!
A couple of extra punched hearts adorn the LOVE panel. The winged letter is raised on foam pads.
Carts used:
Scalloped rectangle- Celebrations (No 5 with blackout enabled)
Wings- Indie Art Solutions
Letter- Going Places
'on the wings of'- Don Juan (Opposites Attract could be used instead)
LOVE- StoryBook
Thanks for dropping in!
Heather

No comments: