15/09/2008

You are the world......


This card was made for a lady in the USA who is a regular customer of mine. It was a Father's day card for her daughter to give to her Dad. Now anyone who knows me knows how I feel about about peel-offs. I think that to some extent they can be a cop-out. I've seen so many cards that have been quote "finished off" with a peel off and it has done just that - finished it off to the point of completely spoiling an already perfect card. Saying that I have used peel off borders which I have to say CAN add something to a card if used in the right way. I have used them here to edge the stand for this globe. I have to admit that in this case they did indeed finish it off. It added a touch of opulence and a look of engraving to the stand and I was really pleased with how it turned out. We all struggle sometimes to get ideas foe men's cards and I was inspired by a card made by Enfys Cashmore (Going Buggy) but I tweaaked it slightly and added a computer generated sentiment,
Hope you like it!
Side fold card 7"x 5"
Paper -world map (unknown scource)
Globe- Going Places
'DAD'- Opposites Attract (opposite enabled) could be changed to 'Grandad'
Sentiment- 'To the world you may be one person..but to one person you may be the world' computer generated
Big Brads- Papermania
Ribbon- from my stash

No comments: