07/09/2010

Poptastic Birthday!.....

Our No.1 son is twenty tomorrow! Happy Birthday Krishnan! Crikey, how time flies..one minute they're this helpless little thing, then in a blink of an eye they're a legless big thing! He's discovered vinyl LP's (I've got quite a few) and he listens to them when he's home from Uni..so I thought that I'd shelve the guitars that I usually use on his cards and go down the LP route instead.
I used Imaginesce papers and black mirri (I LOVE THIS STUFF!) for the LPs. I layered the paper panels and added some candy dots coloured with a permanent marker to get a near perfect match. The LPs were 3 different sized circles layered on top of each other. I cut 'SON' from holographic card & '20' from blue mirri which I embossed after cutting. These were adhered onto the LP with foam tape.
The inside was decorated with a border, matted sentiment panel and an LP and a '45. 'Happy Birthday' was cut from more black mirri and adhered to the sentiment panel.
Carts used:
LPs & '45- Winter Woodland
'Son' & '20'- Don Juan
'Happy Birthday'- Stamping Solutions
Thanks for visiting!
Heather xxx

No comments: