30/05/2013

Little Sailor.....

I've got a kiddie's card for you today. I picked up the new Trimcraft 'Ahoy There!' 6x6 paper pack from The Range a couple of weeks ago, and I thought that these cute stripes and anchor papers would make a lovely card for a little boy.
I cut a shaped card base from white cardstock then added striped and red mats. I cut a smaller panel for the centre of the card from the anchor paper, again matted with red. Because the cartridge doesn't have a shadow facility, I cut the red mats 1/4" larger than the patterned mats. Before adhering the centre panel to the card, I added some blue and white bakers twine from which dangles an anchor cut from silver mirri.
The cute little sailboat was cut from red, black, white and blue cardstock. I added some detail around the portholes with a white gel pen then adhered it to the card with foam pads. The sentiment cut from blue card was adhered flat the glittered.
Carts used:
Card base, panels and mats- Creative Cards
Sailboat- New Arrival
Anchor- Going Places
Little Sailor- Lyrical Letters
Thanks for dropping by!
Heather xxx


No comments: