21/07/2010

Wedding Acceptance....


The lady who commissoned me to make yesterday's card also asked me to make this one. I've never been asked to make an acceptance card before but I'm game for anything! The card is C6 in size (I stopped making this size of card yonks ago but it's a good size for this type of card)
I used champagne coloured pearlised card which I embossed with a scrumptious embossing folder by Papermania- at just £2.99 it was a steal!-it may be cheap but the resulting embossing is on a par with anything from Cuttlebug & Sizzix. The embossed card was then matted onto gold mirri. I punched the edge of a piece of gold mirri with an MS punch and wrapped it in gold ribbon then adhered it to the embossed piece. The bells were cut twice (once on Layer function)and the top pair was embossed with a rose embossing folder, then adhered to the other set of bells with foam pads. I added gold gems as clangers and then adhered it to the centre of the punched panel with foam pads. 'Acceptance' was cut from gold mirri and adhered flat below the border. The card was finished with more gold gems.
Carts used:
Bells- Sweethearts
Acceptance-Ashlyn's Alphabet ('Block' font)
Thanks for looking!
Heather xxx

1 comment:

Scrappin Sista said...

This card is beautiful!!!!