25/01/2009

Coming of Age!




These cards were made as commissions at the shop where I work. One was for a sea-faring lass in the RN and one for an all singin', all dancin' gal from Germany! The card for Stephanie was decorated with 3 medallions bearing nautical images- an anchor, a compass & a sail boat. I added gem stones to the 18 to bling it up a little! Anna's card was designed to look like a dressing room mirror. The girl who it was for had taken the leading role on stage in The Sound of Music in Germany- hence the SOM album cover & sheet music in the bottom left corner. You can see me in the mirror whilst I was taking the photo! I added a key attached with pink ribbon. I added flat backed pearls around the frame as light bulbs. Both ladies who commissioned the cards were thrilled with them (I'm glad to say!)
Carts used:
Anna's card- ANNA & 21- StoryBook
Star- George & Basic Shapes
Musical notes-Joys Of The Season (11 pipers piping)
Stephanie's card- 18 & Stephanie- Stamped
Circles- George & Basic shapes
Scalloped circles- Graphically Speaking
Nautical images- Going Places
Thanks for looking!
Heather

No comments: