06/12/2008

Quick as a flash wedding card!

It's not only my kids that need cards- my hubby does too! This card is for him to take to Dubai on Wednesday! The son of a friend of ours is getting married on Thursday and this is for him and his wife to be - Congrats Shakti & Ambika!!!
I cheated with this card 'cos I made it at 10pm on Thursday night , and you will notice that there is absolutely NO Cricut stuff on it!! What!!! I know- what was I thinking! Anyway I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I used a ready made embellishment (gasp!!) which was a freebie with a card-making mag (can't remember which one!) It's really pretty- two doves on a heart in pearlised card. I just cut way the doves from one heart and layered them onto the other complete heart. I cut a panel slightly smaller than the front of the card,layered into mirri card and trimmed it to form a border. Then I cut a panel of glittered Papermania vellum, passed it through a Xyron and matted it onto silver mirri. I cut a small square of pearl grey wedding script paper & matted it onto silver (again!). White swirl printed ribbon was wrapped around the large panel before it was adhered to the card base, then all the other panels were stuck onto this. The doves were added with dimensionals on the script panel.I added a layered flower with a ribbon bow and a brad through it and finished off with self adhesive pearls. Not bad for 15 minutes work!!! Sometimes I think really good pieces of work happen when you are under pressure or pushed for time! Anyone agree?
Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

No comments: