16/03/2013

For Mum......

I know that this is late (and I've been told I'm a bad blogger!) but this is the card that I sent to my Mum for Mother's Day last week. I hope you all had a lovely day. No1 son treated me to lunch in London and this week I have No2 son home for 5 WEEKS over Easter! Yippee!! I'm knackered though as we went up to York yesterday- staying in a rather tatty Travel Lodge for the night- to fetch him and all his c#*p home as he has had to vacate his room for the duration. It was 261 flamin' miles! Then we'll have to do it all again after Easter- what larks!!!
Anyway, back to the card. The card base is a C5 tent-fold, the background paper is a download from I don't know where, and the rose paper is from a magazine freebie 6x6 pack. I matted the lilac paper onto purple and white cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card. I then cut the rose-print paper into 2 equally sized panels, then matted them in the same colours as the backing paper. I added a punched border across the two panels, adhering a couple of die-cut flourishes at either end. I cut a scalloped oval from purple cardstock and added a white oval, embossed with a swirl design. 'Happy Mother's Day' was cut from purple cardstock and glittercard, and adhered to the oval. The oval was adhered with foam pads to the centre of the card. A Prima/WOC floral arrangement and a smattering of pearls completes the card.
Carts used:
Scalloped oval- Elegant Edges
Plain oval- Opposites Attract
Happy Mother's Day- Phrases
Thanks for dropping by!
Heather xxx

No comments: