16/08/2011

A new obsession!.......

I have to tell you that I have a new obsession - what's new I hear you cry!...criss-cross cards, and I'll warn you now that you'll be seeing LOTS! I've made them before but they seem to be popping up on blogs again so I thought I'd make one..or two.. or three..........!
I made the card base by cutting two A5 cards down to squares,
 cutting the front of each card on a diagonal after measuring 6cms up from the bottom edge. The backs of the cards were adhered together to create a criss-cross card. I then decorated it using some very old paper (I only had a scrap left) and some Pink Petticoat paper for the pocket front ,the back panel and the border. I added a punched border in contrasting black cardstock, trimmed with spotted PP paper and black velvet ribbon. The border was adhered to the card with foam tape. I cut a shaped panel from pink cardstock shadowed with black,  and the pale pink oval was embossed. A pair of killer heels cut from silver mirri and black glittercard was adhered to the oval with foam pads. I finished the front of the card with a bloom and some teeny punched flowers.
The inside of the card was decorated with another shaped panel with a Safmat sentiment- 'You don't have to walk the red carpet to wear fabulous shoes'- which was adhered flat and embellished with a couple of punched flowers. The insert card was created from black cardstock with a smaller white panel adhered to it. It was trimmed with an offcut of PP paper, and the sentiment, cut from black & pink cardstock was adhered flat. An eyelet was inserted in the top of the insert and a piece of ribbon tied through it. Three punched flowers complete the insert.
Carts used:
Shaped panels & shoes- Forever Young
Ovals- George
'Happy Birthday'- Phrases
Thanks for looking!
TTFN!
Heather xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, i just love these cards, they are so beautiful and look like fun to make. thanks for sharing all your talent with us.

hugs Chrissy xx