07/06/2010

Thinking Of You......


Sorry I wasn't around over the weekend but we were in Swansea with some very good friends, having a lovely time and catching up on gossip.
This card is made with the same card base as the previous post but with Eastern Promise papers from Dovecraft, and I used decorative scissors around the edges. I don't DO Oriental cards but this paper is really nice and will be suitable for lots of other cards. I decided to mirror the flower paper with the embellishment so I cut out a pot from copper mirri, embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. I cut the large blooms from brown mirri and added tiny flowerheads which were sprays of artificial gypsophila from the local garden centre. I just stripped them from the plastic stems. I got tons from 2 heads for about £2. I adhered the individual flowers to each of the blooms and added a pink gem to the middle of each one. The pot was adhered to the border and the flowerheads adhered behind it. I added russet ribbon ( from the Persimmon Papermania range) to tone with paper on the inside of the card. I cut 'Thinking of you from copper mirri and adhered it to a layered circle. This was adhered flat to the inside of the card. A simple sentiment panel completes the card.
Carts used:
Vase & blooms- Serenade
Thinking Of You-Stamping Solutions
Circles-George
Thanks for looking!
Heather xxx

No comments: