22/05/2010

'Ringing' the changes......


Here's a prime example of a card NOT turning out how you wanted it! I made this card, photo'd it, uploaded it and yet the more I looked at it the more I felt that it wasn't right. So. what to do about it? Eventually I decide that it was the square mat that wasn't 'doing it' for this card. So I changed it to a scalloped circle and it's infinately better! I used the Papermania Wedding papers again and 2nd time around cut a scalloped circle with an embossed circle adhered to it with foam pads to hold the rings embellishment. I added sheer ribbon, a large rose and a pearl spray.I
cut the rings from pink mirri and added a sparkly glittercard diamond embellished with a scrap daisy (from the punched border of the original mat-waste not, want not!) and pearl. I added 3 more daisies above the circle and 'Wedding' cut from more pink mirri below it. The inside was decorated with a simple sentiment mat with punched border and an (over) abundance of punched daisies- too many I feel!
Carts used:
Scalloped circle & plain circle-Winter Woodland
Rings-Sweethearts
Wedding- Designer Calendar

Hope you are having a great day- it's BOILING here!
TTFN!
Heatherxxx

No comments: