11/10/2009

Bon Voyage!



A standard A5 card for you today! I made this card for some friends of ours who were returning to the States after spending several years in London. I used papers from DCWV in a lovely pale blue stripe & houndstooth check and Papermania brown polka dot . I teamed it with brown cardstock. I cut a brown scalloped circle and blue circle & layered them up. I punched a hole in each side of the circle embellishment then threaded blue & brown striped Doodlebug ribbon through and secured it behind the panels. I cut the 'journey' icon and adhered it flat to the circle. 'Bon Voyage' was cut from polka dot paper and doodled with faux stitching. I added a silver aeroplane to the front of the card and a smaller one to the inside along with an 'enjoy the ride' icon.
Carts used:
Journey & 'enjoy the ride'-Graphically Speaking
Bon Voyage-Life's A Beach
Aeroplanes-Going Places
Thanks for looking!
Heather
p.s No1 son was home from uni for the weekend so we went to see Disney Pixar's UP in 3-D. What a hoot!See it if you can. There is also a 3-D version of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol coming up with Jim Carrey in and it looks AMAZING! Will deffo go & see that one!

No comments: