03/11/2008

Back home!!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged for a week, but I've been to visit Uncle Sam . Had a great time but it was a nightmare at times-3.30am fire alarm (just as I was getting to sleep!) followed by getting stuck in a lift for 15 mins, crazy driving, potholed freeways ,awful roadsigns so that you have no idea where you are or how to get back (you have to live there to understand them I reckon!).Otherwise it was good , Boston was absolutely beautiful and New York was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey! We saw the usual sites- Harvard (or Hahvahd as the locals call it)in Boston and The Empire State, Lady Libert and Ground Zero in NYC. What struck us most especially about New York is how detached everyone is from their surroundings. They appear to be attached surgically to either a mobile or I-pod and also there were more foreign accents than American. Still we had a good time, and the kids spent LOADSAMONEY! But it's always good to be home.
I'll add some cards soon
Heather

No comments: